Sunday, February 18, 2007

a very merry vegetarian breakfast

Three years ago, I said goodbye to animal carcass and never looked back. To be honest, it was one of the easiest life-changing choices I have ever made considering I grew up in a home where the nightly question was "What's for dinner, chicken or beef?" and the fact that I was about to move to the cheesesteak capital of the world.
I dropped fifteen pounds within the first few weeks and have maintained that for the most part.
I instantly felt happier, healthier - and realized I actually liked fruits and vegetables.
I strongly oppose the treatment of the animals humans consume and the thought of eating something else's flesh makes me nauseous. For the record, I am an ovo-vegetarian, meaning I don't eat eggs either. I would very much like to be an ovo-lacto-veg but I haven't found a suitable soy milk yet and I just love cheese too much.
Despite my strong views, I am not a vigilante vegetarian set out to convert the world. If you want to eat meat or poultry in front of me, feel free; it's your choice.
Above is a photograph I took this morning of the appetizer to my oatmeal and black coffee. Sunday morning breakfasts make me very happy. Very happy indeed.
(PS: That's Fabio's fake butter on my bread - I only eat the best, you know)

No comments: